At Turn-About Ranch your child’s safety is of primary importance. We proudly abide by the following safety guidelines:
- Physical exams and a thorough pre-screening process are performed on every new student by a licensed physician. Exams include exercise test, blood work and lab tests, and general assessments
- All staff members are trained in CPR, First Aid, Behavior Management, Health Precautions, Emergency Evacuation and Preparedness, and Code of Conduct.
- 24-hour awake staff monitor facility
- Registered Nurse on staff
- Medication management
- 24-hour access to Emergency Medical Technicians
- Access to medical services requiring a licensed physician available within 10 minutes of facility
- Food menus approved through a licensed dietician
- Every employee must pass a thorough background screening and must be approved by the State of Utah Department of Human Services Office of Licensing
- Practiced procedures in place for illnesses, medical emergencies and infectious disease.
- Routine internal safety inspections conducted on all facilities at least monthly
- Food Service inspections conducted by the Southwest Health Department; Fire Safety inspections conducted by the Utah Department of Public Safety; and overall facilities and program procedures inspected by the Department of Human Services Office of Licensing.
- Safety inspections conducted on all vehicles weekly
- Water samples submitted quarterly and monitored by the Utah Division of Drinking Water Safety drills and training are conducted with both staff and students and include fire, bomb, earthquake, utility failures, and medical emergency drills
- All students complete documented training in numerous areas including Health, Emergency and Evacuation Procedures, Food Service, General Farm and Cattle Safety, Horsemanship Safety, Tools and Hiking Procedures.